Sunday, April 25, 2010

Gaudi's Parc Guelle

Ok fine, this was obviously my fourth time going already and I have yet to post the top "must see" attraction in Barcelona. As you will see, Gaudí incorporated many motifs of Catalan nationalism and elements from religious mysticism and ancient poetry into the Park. While you get a vibe of peace and calmness touring the park, Gaudi's flamboyant colors and patterns, fantastical shaped roofs, detailed tilework, and unusual pinnacles make this garden a pleasure as well as a masterpiece. 
Here are some of my favorite photos between all my visits:

Welcomed by 'The Serpent'
Tricks by the Bubble Lady in the open terrace


The detailed tilework, each piece hand placed by Gaudi


Walking through the gardens


The rooftops I think look like vanilla ice cream cones

The colonnaded footpath

No comments:

Post a Comment