Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Labyrinth Park, Barcelona

Finally I live in a city where I can truly get lost like Alice in Wonderland. A friend of mine recommended me to go check out the labyrinth, so we thought it would be a fun adventure. Took the metro about a half an hour to Mundet metro stop and had to take a 15 minute walk to get to the park which was way cooler than I had expected. We had to walk along the highway and cross over the bridge (an underground path of long walls completely covered in graffiti). Being the art lover that I am, it made me feel like finding art in the streets was almost cooler than most of the museums I have visited abroad, and believe me I've seen enough. Fell in love with these new modern forms of expression and had to snap a picture on the way.
500 steps later, we reached the Labyrinth, sweating.
Walked into the Labyrinth thinking "Common it's not that big, this should be a piece of cake to reach the statue in the middle." Meanwhile, we hear people walking around, laughing, and sometimes scampering around out of nervousness.
20 minutes later, about 4 circles around and 5 dead ends, we made it to the center. Thankfully the way out was much easier.
Just some proof I made it out of there, took a rest at an old fountain in the park upon your exit from the maze.

No comments:

Post a Comment